I recently received a call about adopting in Minnesota and thought I’d post some links about the topic. I did a search online and found some helpful resources on the Minnesota Department of Human Services website. Here are a few of their publications on the topic of adoption in Minnesota:
Answers to Your Questions About Adoption (PDF format)
Here’s a link to mnadopt.org, (and their website has a ton of helpful information and links to other helpful websites!), and the organization is:
a program sponsored by the Department of Human Services through the Minnesota Adoption Resource Network (MARN), a 501(C)3 nonprofit organization. MN ADOPT is dedicated to supporting and sustaining the families who adopt Minnesota Waiting Children by providing the following services:
• Online, searchable database listing children in Minnesota available for adoption
• Referrals to pre-adopt orientations and trainings offered by private and county agencies
• Post-adopt trainings (in person and online) designed for parents and professionals
• Information on parenting children with special needs and adoption assistance
• Resources and support services offered by private agencies, counties, tribes and individuals for families who adopted Minnesota Waiting Children
• Events celebrating diversity and designed for recruitment
For more information call our information line at 612-861-7115 (866-303-6276 toll free) or email us at email@example.com
Here’s a link to the website of a really cool project called Adoptees Have Answers at aha.com.
Do you have any helpful adoption links? Post them by commenting below!